All active cancer-related protocols at the Stephenson Cancer Center are reviewed and monitored by the Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee (PRMC) for scientific merit, study feasibility, prioritization and progress. The PRMC delegates these functions to three sub-committees:
In addition, all new protocols are reviewed by a Clinical Research Disease Site Group.
Below please find the steps and necessary forms for new protocol submission.
1. The Study Coordinator should complete Protocol Notification Form and email the completed form to the PRMC Coordinator at SCC-PRMC@ouhsc.edu.
2. The Study Coordinator should complete the Protocol Review Form.
3. The Study Coordinator will submit the following to the PRMC Coordinator:
4. The PI and Chair of the Clinical Research Disease Site Group must sign (or indicate approval via email) the Protocol Review Form and the Protocol Enrollment Scoring Sheet in order for the protocol to be scheduled for SRC review.
5. The signed Protocol Review Form and Protocol Enrollment Scoring Sheet must be returned to the PRMC Coordinator or Study Coordinator assigned to the protocol.
6. To initiate SRC review the Study Coordinator should enter the study in Velos and complete the IRB iRIS submission process.
7. The Study Coordinator should notify the PRMC Coordinator via email at SCC-PRMC@ouhsc.edu when documents are ready for SRC review.
8. Once the SRC has reviewed the protocol, and any requested changes have been made, the PI and Study Coordinator will receive a copy of the SRC Approval Letter via email.
9. The Study Coordinator should upload the SRC Approval Letter into the IRB iRIS system.