Child Trauma Services Program
The OU Children's Physicians Child Trauma Services Program serves the mental health needs of trauma-exposed youth and families.
Our program utilizes nationally endorsed best practices in the assessment and treatment of childhood trauma.
We specialize in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), a short-term, evidence based treatment shown to reduce trauma-related distress in youth.
- Common effects of trauma on youth and families
- Healthy ways to handle feelings
- How to reduce stress
- Skills for managing and reducing upsetting memories
- How caregivers can support youth after stressful and traumatic events
- Ways to reduce youth behavior problems
- Ways to strengthen family relationships
Clinical Services Offered:
- Trauma-focused assessments for children and teens to determine counseling needs
- Trauma - Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) for youth ages 3 and up and their families
- A 10 - session TF-CBT group program for youth ages 5 to 12 who would benefit from group treatment and their caregivers.
OU Children's Physicians
Child Study Center
1100 N.E. 13th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73117
To schedule an initial evaluation, contact our clinical coordinator:
Amanda Mitten, MA
(405) 271-5700 ext. 45149