Treatment for Children with Sexual Behavior Problems
Jane F. Silovsky, PhD
Elizabeth Bard, PhD (Co-Director, School-Age Program)
Jimmy Widdifield, Jr., LPC (Co-Director, School-Age Program)
To refer a child to the program, contact the PSB Coordinator at (405) 271-8001 x 45164 or email OU-YPSB@ouhsc.edu.
Services Provided / Populations Served
This assessment and treatment program serves children ages 3-6 (preschool program) and 7-12 (school-age program) who have demonstrated inappropriate or problematic sexual behavior. Caregivers are required to participate services with their child(ren).
Cost of Services
There is no cost to the family. Services are funded by a contract with the Oklahoma Department of Human Services, Juvenile Bureau, and Office of Juvenile Affairs.
Location of Services
Services are provided at the Child Study Center (1100 NE 13 Street, Oklahoma City, OK, 73114).
- Bonner, B.L., Walker, C.E., Berliner, L. (1999). Children with sexual behavior problems: Assessment and treatment -Final Report. Grant No. 90-CA-1469. National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect.
- Silovsky, J. F. & Niec, L. (2002). Characteristics of Young Children with Sexual Behavior Problems: A Pilot Study. Child Maltreatment, 7, 187-197.
- Understanding and Coping with Sexual Behavior Problems in Children
- Sexual Development and Behavior in Children
- Swisher, L., Silovsky, J.F., Stewart, J., & Pierce, K. (2008). Children with Sexual Behavior Problems. Juvenile and Family Court Journal, 59. 49-69.
- oSt. Amand, A., Bard, D., & Silovsky, J.F. (2008). Meta Analysis of child sexual behavior problems: Practice elements and outcomes. Child Maltreatment. 13:2 145-166.
- Silovsky, J.F., Niec, L., Bard, D., & Hecht, D. (2007). Treatment for preschool children with sexual behavior problems: Pilot Study. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 36, 378-391.
- Carpentier, M., Silovsky, J.F. & Chaffin, M. (2006). Randomized trial of treatment for children with sexual behavior problems: Ten year follow-up. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 74(3), 482-488.**
For more information about assessment and treatment services, please contact the PSB Coordinator at (405) 271-8001 x 45164 or email OU-YSBP@ouhsc.edu.
For more information about children and/or adolescents with problematic sexual behavior, please visit http://www.ncsby.org/.