Child Study Center
If your child or young loved one faces developmental, educational, behavioral or medical needs, you may find help at The Child Study Center. We offer evaluations, consultations and treatment from a highly-skilled team of pediatric specialists, including board-certified:
- Speech pathologists
- Clinical social workers
- Professional counselors
Call The Child Study Center for help and support with conditions, including:
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Attention deficit disorder
- Neurodevelopmental disorders
The Child Study Center has many programs and clinical services/research available, which include:
- A Better Chance - a program for infants and children who were exposed to drugs and/or alcohol before birth.
- Family Centered Clinic - a program to help families understand the unique special needs of their children and to support them in advocating and obtaining appropriate services or resources for their child.
- Individual Therapy and Assessment - a program that provides therapy and assessment services for children who have experienced abuse, neglect, or another serious trauma or loss.
- Jump Start Developmental Clinic - to help families and care providers understand the developmental and behavioral strengths and challenges faced by young children suspected of having developmental delays.
- LEND - a program that prepares students for leadership roles as professionals with interdisciplinary skills to support community-based partnerships with professional colleagues, clients, and families.
- New Directions - a program available to help children between the ages of 3 and 12, who are in foster care due, in part, to parental drug use and are residents of Oklahoma County or surrounding areas.
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy - a short-term, specialized behavior management program designed for young children experiencing behavioral and/or emotional difficulties and their families.
- School Support Services - assists local school districts in the implementation of effective programs for children with disabilities.
- Sooner SUCCESS - provides services to children and youth with special needs.
- Clinical Research - provides new or most current medical treatments for patients who may have a neurodevelopmental or behavioral condition such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Learning Disability, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder,Autism, etc.
- Neuropsychology Clinic - provides services to children and adolescents with known or suspected neurological disorders as well as those with neurodevlopmental disorders (Autism, Asperger's, dyslexia, severe communication disorders, etc.)
- Developmental/Behavioral Consultation Services - a service to assist SoonerCare providers with referrals and resources.
For applicants interested in the Developmental and Behavioral Fellowship at OUHSC, please use this link.
To access information and an application for the Clinical Psychology Internship, please use this link.
To access information and an application for the Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Psychology, please use this link.
Child Study Center
To contact us:
1100 NE 13th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73117
OUHSC HIPAA Resources