Locations of Care
About our Care
Visit Harold Hamm Diabetes Center - Children's for more information on clinical services.
If your child has unusual weight, growth or energy changes, you want to find out what's causing it. Kids can be evaluated and treated for these conditions by our doctors, dietitians, psychologists and other specialists. Families receive a plan of action to tackle the identified health concerns.
Our diabetes-endocrinology specialists provide child-specific expertise in a wide variety of pediatric endocrine disorders, including short stature and disorders of the pituitary gland, thyroid, bone and calcium metabolism, as well as expertise with endocrine problems that relate to puberty and sexual differentiation.
If your child has diabetes, you know it takes full-time attention. Our Children's Diabetes Center includes Oklahoma's largest group of children's endocrinologists. The American Diabetes Association recognized this Center with its award for our outstanding diabetes self-management program. We provide the following services for children with type 1 and type 2 diabetes:
- 24-hour-a-day telephone access to our pediatric endocrinologists and certified diabetes educators
- Prompt evaluation of new-onset pediatric diabetes cases
- Daily monitoring of newly diagnosed patients over the telephone for the first week
- Return clinic visits within two weeks for non-urgent medical issues
- Initial and ongoing type 1 and type 2 diabetes education classes
- Certified pump instructors
We're also one of 13 sites in the nation awarded a National Institutes of Health grant to develop optimal treatments for children and adolescents, ages 10 to 17, diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Our involvement in the TODAY Study (Treatment Options for Type 2 Diabetes in Adolescents and Youth), means we're pioneering and providing important, new resources for kids with diabetes. For information about participation in the study, call 405-271-7755 or 800-613-8512.