Location of Care
PLEASE DIAL 911 FOR EMERGENCIES
DIRECTIONS: The Children's ER entrance can be found on NE 13th Street just east of Children's Ave. Free parking is provided by the entrance. TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR OF THE CHILDREN'S ER!
When to go to the ER
Need help knowing when to take your child to the ER or knowing what might be causing pesky symptoms? Download our OK Kids MD app.
Flu and Seasonal Information
The Children's Hospital's 25-bed pediatric ER sees more than 40,000 patients annually, providing 24/7 care to infants, children and young adults needing emergency medicine or urgent care. Children's is the only pediatric emergency room in the Oklahoma City-metro area offering round-the-clock care. Our doctors and medical staff are dedicated to the healing of children.
With the state's only Level One trauma center and more specialists than anywhere else in the state, we have the expertise on hand to treat injuries and emergencies of all types.
- Children are our specialty. Your child will be diagnosed and treated with specially designed, age-appropriate equipment and by doctors and staff whose specialty is children.
- We take treating your child seriously. If your child needs it, many of the ER directors, managers, supervisors and staff nurses have advanced certification in pediatric care, including Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification.
- Your child will feel comfortable here. Because we understand that our population is children, the ER environment includes wall murals, child-friendly ceiling tiles, and color splashed throughout the unit.
- We let kids be kids. Ours is the only ER in the state with a full-time Child Life specialist on staff. A Child Life specialist helps provide a less stressful experience for patients and families in the hospital through age-appropriate explanations of medical equipment, preparation prior to procedures and assistance coping during procedures. They also help normalize the hospital environment through age-appropriate play opportunities. Learn more about the Child Life Department.
- We are an academic medical center, meaning our physicians and staff use current education, research, medical trends, technology, diagnoses and methods of treatment to help your child.
Families are welcome to stay with their child while in the emergency department. Families are consulted about treatment decisions, and taught how to care for the child's condition. In some situations, families are invited to assist in providing some of the child's care. Discharge instructions are available in both English and Spanish.