1200 N Children's Ave. (formerly Phillips Ave.)
Oklahoma City, OK 73104 [ Map ]
If you're expecting a new baby or making plans for the exciting day...
We hope you share the special time with us at The Women's & Newborn Center at The Children's Hospital. We are well known for our high-risk specialty care for both mom and newborns. But if you're a mother with no risk factors for complications we can also deliver your baby. In fact, we deliver more babies than anywhere else in the state.
Childbirth is the beginning of a spectacular journey for you and your baby. It's also an important event for all those special people who will be involved in your baby's life, such as father, brothers, sisters, grandparents and friends.
The Women's & Newborn Center can provide an exceptional experience and safe environment for your baby's delivery. It's all about advanced family-centered care in the comfort of a spacious birthing suite. It's personalized care from labor to delivery and beyond with unique services such as midwives and the state's only full-service lactation center. And, because the Center is located inside The Children's Hospital, there is no better or safer place for your baby.
Maternity Service and The Children's Hospital - A Powerful Combination
The Children's Hospital at OU Medical Center was one of the first hospitals in the country to provide total, comprehensive care for mothers and their newborns all in the same building. As an expectant new mother, you can be comforted by the knowledge that you have access to doctors and nurses who specialize in all types of deliveries—from routine to complicated, high-risk deliveries.
- More high-risk mothers and babies are seen at the Women's & Newborn Center at The Children's Hospital than anywhere in Oklahoma. High-risk mothers are referred from all over the region to have their deliveries at the Women's & Newborn Center.
- Intensive care for your baby is immediately available in Oklahoma's only comprehensive children's hospital—all in the same building! Oklahoma largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is only a short elevator ride away.
- In addition, The Children's Hospital offers your baby care in almost every medical specialty and sub-specialty. There is no better place for you or your baby than the Women's & Newborn Center at The Children's Hospital.
The Perfect Place for Low-Risk Births
How do you envision your childbirth experience? This is a special and unique time for every woman, and we can offer personalized care and support for every new mother. For example our nurse midwives can help you have the safe, fulfilling childbirth you desire.
Family Centered Care
Childbirth is the beginning of a spectacular journey for a new baby and all the special people who will be involved in baby's life: mother, father, brothers, sisters, grandparents and friends. The staff at the Women's & Newborn Pavilion recognizes the value and importance of each step of this new life experience for every member of the family.
- You, your family and your health care professionals will work as a team.
- You and your family are included in making decisions about your care and the care of your baby.
- Education is provided in order for you to make choices about your care and your baby's care.
- Babies remain with their families unless separation is medically necessary.
- Breastfeeding is encouraged for all moms and babies.
- Special and unique needs of families and babies are supported.
Hospital Services Unique to the Area
From comprehensive neonatal services to midwifery, OU Medical Center's Women's and Newborn Pavilion offers a wide range of services for expectant families.
- Advanced high risk services for Oklahoma and region
- Only Midwifery service in a central Oklahoma hospital
- Only comprehensive lactation service in Oklahoma
- Highest level Neonatal Intensive Care in Oklahoma
- Care for mothers wanting Vaginal Births After Cesarean (VBAC)
- Low-risk services capable of handling high-risk outcomes
- Use of natural and comforting methods
- Advanced Prenatal & Family Education courses
Natural and Comforting Birthing Options
Some families desire specific birthing experiences. The Women's & Newborn Center offers a variety of natural and comforting birthing options. We have the only certified nurse midwife program in a central Oklahoma hospital. Our affiliated midwives can work to create the safe, fulfilling childbirth you desire. They provide this personalized care and support to expectant moms with low-risk pregnancies.
Watch OU Medicine Chat, "Babies: What to Expect After They're Born," with Dr. Casey Hester from OU Children's Physicians.
Video streaming by Ustream